Wednesday, February 12, 2020




Another writing contest put on by Susanna Leonard Hill for Valentines Day.

It must be 214 words or less and must be written for children, twelve and under.

The theme is about curiosity.




Heres my Valentine's story. I've posted my story on my main blog here. I don't use Blogger very often. 

Title: Creative Kate WC 210

Kates mom was always busy cleaning on Saturday mornings.

Mom, will you play with me?

Later, darling.

Kate watched her mom bring the garbage outdoors.

Mom. Where does the garbage go?

A truck comes by and picks up the trash bins.

You mean the truck has hands?

No, darling, there are men that drive the truck and empty our trash.

Oh, said Kate, not entirely convinced. Mom, can you play with me. Im bored.

 Why dont you play with my pots and pretend youre a cook. I have to finish the ironing.

Aww, okay, Kate sighed.

Kate noticed a package of flour sitting on the counter.

She pulled out the ingredients from the fridge and set them neatly on the counter.

She was careful not to make a mess when mom walked into the room.

Uh-oh! thought Kate.

Oh, my goodness, Kate! What are you doing?

Cookies for daddy.

I see. Let me help you.

Youre not angry mom?

No, dear. While I vacuum later on you can paint, would you like that?

Paint? Yes, cheered Kate.

Kates mom placed the painting kit on the counter.

Its Valentines Day today, surprise me.  Kates mom said, leaving the room.

Kate dabbed her fingers into the red paint.

Soon hearts were everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment